Terms & Conditions of Use
Privacy, security and confidentiality are important to Preston Bissett Nurseries (PBN). The following terms and conditions endeavour to make our web site a safe place to trade. You should understand that by using this web site you agree to the following terms and conditions.
Your contract is with Preston Bissett Nurseries of Bushey Lane, Preston Bissett, Buckinghamshire. MK18 4ND.
You agree that e-mail will be used as the standard means of communication. If your order is accepted, we will send you an e-mail confirming this. This confirmation e-mail will contain all relevant statutory information concerning your contract.
PBN do not store any credit card information, nor will we pass any of your personal information, including credit or debit card information to any third party.
You undertake that all details which you provide to us for the purpose of ordering goods are correct, that the credit or debit card or PAYPAL account you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the order.
Your statutory rights are not affected but otherwise all purchases are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
All prices on this site include United Kingdom VAT at the prevailing rate.
PBN aims to despatch all orders within 5 working days of confirmation that your order has been accepted.
A statutory cooling off period of 7 days applies to all orders in accordance with The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
If your delivery address is outside the United Kingdom, you may be subject to import duties and/or taxes. You understand that any and all charges of this nature will be borne by you. PBN may supply a Customs Label containing a brief description, and a valuation of the parcel's contents.
Any items not in stock at the time of first despatch date will be put on back-order. We will inform the customer of this. Once back-order items have been received we will contact the customer to make sure the items are still required prior to despatch. Any back-orders older than 3 months, we will contact the customer to ask if goods are still required and inform of expected delivery date, if available, at this time if goods are not required the back-order items will be cancelled. Please note – this only applies to orders taken from customers on Mainland UK, all other destinations, due to delivery costs, we will not operate a back-order system.
We may amend these terms and conditions from time to time, and post the new version on the website. When we do so, we will mention the fact on our website. All purchases from the date of posting onwards will be governed by that new version.
* PBN attempts to ensure that the information available on the website at any one time is true and accurate but cannot guarantee that it will be error-free. PBN does not make any warranty that the website is free from infection by viruses, trojans, worms or anything else that may have destructive properties.
* PBN does not accept liability for any errors and omissions and reserves the right to change information, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
* PBN will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
* PBN makes no representations about the fitness for a particular purpose of any of the products or services available on this website.
* PBN does not accept liability for any indirect or consequential loss arising out of the use of the website or for any products or services purchased from the website.
* PBN will only be liable for direct loss (save in the case of death or personal injury in respect of which there is no limit) up to a maximum total of the price of the product or service purchased in respect of any claim.
* This Liability section applies only to the extent permitted by law.
These terms and conditions contain the entire agreement between you and PBN relating to your purchase. You are responsible for reading all information in these terms and conditions fully. If any of these terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable, those terms will be struck out and the other terms remain.
All material and software Copyright ©2007. All rights reserved. It is strictly prohibited to copy, republish or redistribute any of the material and software contained in thenurseries.com website.
Every purchase you make shall be deemed performed in England. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.